Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistBurbank, CA
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together we can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Burbank
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
An experienced dentist for kids can deal with dental emergencies. Kids are prone to these dental problems. For such crises, a pediatric dentist knows how to calm down and help young patients. Here are the details on how a dentist for kids can help with dental emergencies.Apply pressure with a bandage or clean cloth. Make…
If the child complains of tooth pain or other symptoms, the best option is to make a trip to the children's dentist to lodge a complaint. If the pain were caused by a cavity, parents might be able to do a visual check for physical signs. However, if it is the case of an infection,…
If you ask a children's dentist what the most common oral care routines are, they will probably mention flossing and brushing. However, getting kids to clean their teeth can sometimes be a hassle. If parents can explain the importance to them, they might be more keen to do so.The following are reasons that children need…
Are you wondering if your children need a kids dental specialist? Some children struggle with dental visits, so it may be useful to see a specialist who understands their needs.A kids dental specialist, also known as a pediatric dentist, participates in additional training to provide oral care services for children. A dentist who specializes in…