Helpful Dental InformationBurbank, CA
At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Burbank, CA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (818) 483-9064.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Burbank office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Burbank
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
Getting your child to their twice per year kids dental cleaning can sometimes be a struggle. Between juggling different schedules and managing other aspects of a parents life it is easy for this to get pushed aside or forgotten about. However, ensuring that kids have their bi-annual checkup with their dentist is very important even…
Wondering whether your child will benefit from pediatric dentistry services? It is essential for parents to make the right choice of dentist for their children, as taking care of a child’s dental health is just as important as taking care of an adult’s dental health. The health of a child’s first set of teeth helps…
A baby root canal is not a pleasant experience for children or for their parents, but it is sometimes necessary to ensure the tooth does not cause discomfort or fall out too early. There are many benefits a baby root canal can offer, and learning more about it is a great way to deal with…
Early orthodontic treatment is a great way to get ahead of oral issues that could become worse over the course of a child's life. Bite issues, crowded teeth or jaw malfunction can all contribute to the development of gum disease and cavities over time, which are issues that could require in-depth treatment. However, with early…