Helpful Dental InformationBurbank, CA
At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Burbank, CA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (818) 483-9064.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Burbank office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Burbank
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
If the child complains of tooth pain or other symptoms, the best option is to make a trip to the children's dentist to lodge a complaint. If the pain were caused by a cavity, parents might be able to do a visual check for physical signs. However, if it is the case of an infection,…
Your child should see a pediatric dentist at an early age, ideally when they start to teeth. The aim is to have the dentist track the growth and development of their entire oral cavity. Regular visits enable the kids’ dentist to monitor the child as they hit different developmental milestones. The dentist also gets to…
Looking into your pediatric dentistry options? Parents can choose the type of dentist they want to take their child to, with general dentists, family dentists and pediatric dentists being the main three choices. Since children should be seen by a dentist by the time they reach the age of 12 months, making a decision as…
Baby dental crown placement is a common treatment performed in pediatric dentistry. While the word "baby" does imply that they are used for infants, these crowns are actually used for baby or primary teeth, whether in a toddler or child who is anywhere from the ages of four to 10 years old.Outlined below are a…