Helpful Dental InformationBurbank, CA
At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Burbank, CA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (818) 483-9064.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Burbank office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Burbank
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
Making sure your child undergoes a dental checkup for kids regularly is important for ensuring their continued oral health and avoiding the onset or exacerbation of dental problems. These visits allow the dentist to monitor a child's oral health, teach good oral hygiene practices, and address any problems promptly.Parents may have questions regarding their children's…
Cavity treatment for kids is a chief concern among parents, and for a good reason. Cavities are common in children of all ages. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over half of the kids ages 6 to 8 have had at least one cavity in a primary tooth. The good news is…
Dental sealants for kids are an important part of a child's oral health care routine. They can help protect teeth from cavities and decay, but many parents are unaware of the benefits associated with sealants. This blog post will discuss the benefits of dental sealants for kids and why they should be part of your…
Dental bonding for kids is a versatile, minimally invasive treatment option for a wide range of dental concerns. Dentists can typically restore a child's teeth to full form, function, and aesthetics by adding a tooth-colored resin substance to the tooth surface and curing it with a special light. It is important for parents to know…