Helpful Dental InformationBurbank, CA
At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Burbank, CA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (818) 483-9064.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Burbank office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Burbank
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
Early orthodontic treatment is a great way to get ahead of oral issues that could become worse over the course of a child's life. Bite issues, crowded teeth or jaw malfunction can all contribute to the development of gum disease and cavities over time, which are issues that could require in-depth treatment. However, with early…
When it comes to understanding the ideal cavity treatment for kids who have one or more cavities, making an appointment with a kids' dentist is highly suggested! A dentist for kids is a professional dentist who has decided to focus on providing quality dental services for people until about they reach the age of about…
Dentists often recommend dental sealants for children as a way to protect the teeth from cavities or wear and tear. Oftentimes, they are applied to the baby teeth so that they remain healthy until the adult teeth take over. After the adult teeth come in, the dentist may want to reapply in order to set…
Are you wondering if your children need a kids dental specialist? Some children struggle with dental visits, so it may be useful to see a specialist who understands their needs.A kids dental specialist, also known as a pediatric dentist, participates in additional training to provide oral care services for children. A dentist who specializes in…