Helpful Dental InformationBurbank, CA
At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Burbank, CA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (818) 483-9064.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Burbank office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Star Kids Dental & Orthodontics, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Burbank
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
If you ask a children's dentist what the most common oral care routines are, they will probably mention flossing and brushing. However, getting kids to clean their teeth can sometimes be a hassle. If parents can explain the importance to them, they might be more keen to do so.The following are reasons that children need…
Think your child will need braces so they can have the straight teeth? Crooked teeth are harder to clean, making it easier for cavity-causing bacteria to hide. If these bacteria are not removed from the mouth, then they will start eating away at the tooth’s enamel, which is what protects the teeth.Once the teeth are…
Pediatric dentistry appointments are necessary as soon as a child begins to develop their baby teeth. Baby teeth typically erupt around the age of two or three, but this may vary depending on genetics, lifestyle factors and overall health. Generally speaking, teeth will start to show no later than age three. Once this happens, it…
A pulpotomy is performed on baby teeth and is one of the more highly recommended pediatric dental procedures for dealing with severe tooth decay that has led to an infected dental pulp in the root of the tooth. A pulpotomy is often necessary to save a decayed baby tooth (especially molars) from falling out early.Although…